Home » Warranty
Product Warranty Policy
Virdi Distribution SA (Pty) Ltd
This document contains details regarding Virdi Distribution SA (Pty) Ltd Product Warranty Policy and serves as a pre-amble to the Virdi Distribution SA (Pty) Ltd Return Material Authorisation (RMA) Policy and Procedure.
|Virdi:||Virdi Distribution SA (Pty) Ltd located in Johannesburg or Cape Town, ViRDI hardware and software consisting of Biometric and RFID terminals, hardware unlock dongles or accessories|
|Client:||Commercial clients of Virdi and includes – but is not limited to – Distributors and System Integrators but excludes non-clients, installers and end-users|
|RMA:||Return Material Authorisation|
|Warranty:||Standard 12 Month limited warranty from date of sale from Virdi to the client. Pertains to Virdi goods and equipment (excluding software but including hardware unlock dongles) as described within this document.|
|In-Warranty:||Virdi goods or equipment that is submitted to Virdi under the RMA Policy and Procedure within the warranty period and which exhibit failures due to component failure attributable to factory defects or workmanship|
|Out of Warranty:||Virdi goods or equipment that is submitted to Virdi under the RMA Policy and Procedure where the warranty had expired i.e. more than 12 months from date of sale from Virdi to the client|
|Non-Warranty:||Virdi goods or equipment that is submitted to Virdi under the RMA Policy and Procedure within the warranty period that exhibit failure due to negligence, environmental factors, abuse, incorrect installation, incorrect application or Acts of God|
|Hardware||Pertains to Virdi goods and equipment but excludes software|
Virdi warrants to the original purchaser of its hardware, that the hardware is sold free of defects in material and/or workmanship under normal use for a period of 12 (twelve) months from date of purchase from Virdi (delivery date). It remains the responsibility of the client to notify Virdi within 7 (seven) working days from date of purchase of out of box failures. Virdi, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to alter this warranty period and warranty extensions will be agreed upon with clients on an ad hoc basis and at the sole discretion of Virdi.
At any time within the 12 (twelve) months from date of purchase, Virdi shall at its election repair or replace without cost to the purchaser, at its own office, any part in the product found to be defective by such office. Virdi maintains an adherence to a strict carry-in and repair policy and the onus remains on the original purchaser to return goods to Virdi for repair and in line with the Virdi RMA Policy and Procedure. No product swop outs will be considered unless Virdi, at its sole discretion, agrees to such a transaction transpiring. This warranty does not cover the cost of loan equipment and loan equipment will only be supplied to the client as and when Virdi deem appropriate.
- The warranty shall apply to the product, provided the product was purchased from Virdi and/or an appointed Virdi agent in the Republic of South Africa or territories assigned to Virdi as Master Distributor. No product procured from outside this territory will be covered by the warranty
- This warranty excludes damage to the product resulting from incorrect installation, accidents, malicious damage, improper use, abuse, loss of equipment and accessories or failure to utilise the appropriate and supplied installation peripherals and accessories included with the original Virdi product packaging.
- Virdi shall not be held responsible for damages to the product resulting from installation mistakes that is contrary to Virdi best practices, faulty electrical power supply, incorrect voltages or the use of third party peripherals.
- Virdi shall not be held responsible for damages to the product resulting from failure to use the product for the purpose it was designed, fire, flood, lightning, any electromagnetic pulse or surge damage, war, civil disturbances, strikes, lockout, act of God or any other cause beyond the control of Virdi.
- All warranty claims where the above conditions stated in points 2, 3 and 4 are present will be considered Non Warranty and applicable costs will apply for spares, repairs and labour.
- This warranty does not apply to plastic housings, keypads, batteries or any other peripherals or accessories where the product lifespan is subject to, and dependant on, the amount of usage and care taken by the purchaser
- Virdi assumes no responsibility for the results of repairs and modifications made or attempted by unauthorized persons or business entities.
- All products submitted to Virdi for warranty claims, in line with the Virdi Distribution SA (Pty) Ltd RMA Policy and Procedure, must be complete with all critical accessories and peripherals included in the original product packaging. This excludes mounting accessories and removable cabling but includes all casings and covers. Products submitted for warranty claims not complete (as described above) will be considered Out of Warranty.
- The purchaser shall be liable for all cost incurred by Virdi inclusive of parts, repairs, labour, travel and transportation where the product is found to be free from defects in material or workmanship
- This warranty is given in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied. Virdi will not accept any responsibility or liability for consequential loss or damage of any kind caused to the original purchaser or any other person by or due to failure of operation or malfunction of the product
- Should Virdi deem that loan equipment is appropriate, and after consultation with the client, agree to the provision of loan equipment such equipment will remain the property of Virdi. Should any loan equipment not be returned in the condition supplied, and received by the client, or not returned within 24 (twenty-four) hours of the return of repaired equipment, Virdi will charge for the repair or replacement at the standard applicable rates
Virdi Distribution SA (Pty) Ltd makes no other warranty and all implied warranties including any warranty of suitability or fitness for a particular purpose. Virdi’s maximum liability thereunder is limited to the purchase price of the product, in no event shall Virdi be liable for any consequential, indirect, incidental or special damages of any nature arising from the same or the use of the product.